Reports to: Campaign Director
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub Project is looking for an experienced Associate Campaign Director to help run one or more programs. The Associate Campaign Director will take a lead role in public campaigns related to the economy and our democracy. Our campaigns leverage the a mix of grassroots organizing, paid media, and earned media tactics to advance the goals of the Hub and its allies. This is a significant leadership role at The Hub Project.
The Associate Campaign Director will help to lead a team of passionate and talented staff from across the organization to create dynamic and effective issue advocacy campaigns. You’ll help to execute programs that include robust communications, digital, research and policy, and traditional paid media plans. You’ll also be responsible for helping to build coalitions and work with a variety of vendors and partner organizations. This role also may be responsible for running small teams or short-term projects as necessary.
As Associate Campaign Director, you will:
- Work with external stakeholders to conduct issue advocacy campaigns.
- Build, sustain, and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders.
- Develop and manage key parts of individual campaigns, including managing budgets and strategies for particular aspects of campaigns when appropriate.
- Work with partners and internal staff to develop plans to generate earned media.
- Help to translate polling and other research into communications plans and materials for campaigns.
- Work to execute large-scale paid media efforts on traditional and digital media.
- Develop and approve materials for campaigns. Integrate with the Hub’s communications, research, and digital teams to ensure the local partners have resources to advocate on a variety of important issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
- You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
- You have experience working on political or advocacy campaigns.
- You have an excellent understanding of earned media, social media, and how press strategies fit within the context of an issue-advocacy campaign.
- You are an excellent writer and editor.
- You excel at building and maintaining relationships with partner organizations and individuals.
- You like working across various tactics on campaigns, developing processes for approvals and moving the ball forward to achieve campaign goals.
- You are open to evolving responsibilities and enjoy working on multiple issues and projects.
- You’re a pro at multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- You’re well-organized and enjoy helping others achieve common goals.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Source: People’s Action