Community Voices Heard (CVH) is the largest Black-led membership-based organizing institution in New York State. We are a multi-racial organization principally comprised of women of color and low-income New Yorkers. Through grassroots organizing, leadership development, training, action-based campaigns we are working to build a truly equitable New York State.
For more information, please check out our web page at: www.cvhaction.org.
Community Voices Heard is seeking a qualified Census Manager with a strong commitment to base-building organizing and track record of leading successful campaigns. The Census Manager will work to drive an outreach and base-building strategy across our targeted Census 2020 participation areas. Specific focus will be placed on increasing Census return rates in the historically undercounted communities that CVH is focusing on. The Census Manager will oversee and drive all of CVH’s Census related work, building new relationships to incite active participation in the 2020 Census, and deeper engagement with the organization. This position requires an innovative, dynamic and collaborative personality with exceptional people and organizational skills that lead to quickly engaging, relating to and motivating a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Crafting and executing CVH’s Census 2020 outreach and participation plan across all of our chapters.
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing a team of 10 Census Outreach Workers.
- Provide support and training for QCH staff on how to integrate Census outreach and community engagement into programs.
- Develop and implement strategies for engaging community members in targeted communities.
- Effectively set-up tracking systems to measure and analyze community participation in the Census.
- Data entry, outcome, and grant reporting.
- Participate in meetings and training related to Census 2020.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in community or labor organizing.
- Self-starter, community-minded with strong relationships.
- Demonstrated experience of activity planning, group facilitation, and event coordination.
- Experience in training, education or capacity building.
- Excellent project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to speak another language preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY & TIMELINE:
Please email a resume, writing sample, names of three references and a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the organization with “Census Manager” in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CVH strongly encourages people of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Source: People’s Action