The Digital Director will be in charge of establishing and putting in practice digital strategies in alignment with overall organizational priorities.
This person will be responsible for growing America’s Voice online audience, building long-term organizational capabilities, and helping to communicate the organization’s day-to-day messaging priorities to a digital audience.
This person will identify opportunities to engage different audiences online and lead America’s Voice online targeting work, which includes accountability campaigns, legislative advocacy, and electoral independent expenditures. They will work with partners and colleagues on mobilization campaigns and work with other America’s Voice staff to lift up important developments and narratives.
This person will manage the Digital Communications Manager and Digital Communications Associate, and will work under the supervision of the Deputy Director.
Buckets of Responsibilities:
Develop digital strategies that expand our online audience and improve our use of online tools:
- Develop and implement strategies that expand our online base.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to grow all online audiences by setting goals, evaluating programs, and reviewing metrics quarterly.
- Develop strategies to optimize and enhance our digital performance.
- Manage the creation of content for online platforms: AV blog, social media channels, video, informational content, online petitions, email marketing content, and digital ads.
- Work on long-term projects, such as SEO and partnerships, that bring in larger audiences over time.
- Work with AV staff as well as outside colleagues and partners to coordinate mobilizations that direct public pressure at the Administration, Congress, DHS, or local/state governments.
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve our supporters’ effectiveness and encourage them to take better and impactful actions.
- Take on special projects as needed, ranging from establishing guidelines, project management, strategic planning and ad operations.
- Assist in training, mentoring, and developing team members, colleagues, and movement partners in digital strategies and execution.
Support our organizational rapid response work:
- Create online content that helps echo AV rapid-response priorities and messaging (e.g. press releases).
- Create online content that helps lift up AV special projects (e.g. elections).
- Work with teams like AV Texas, AVES, and DHS Watch to lift up and echo their projects, via email marketing, live-tweets, social media, and graphics.
Manage and strengthen the Digital team
- Manage the Digital Communications Manager and Digital Communications Associate, providing strategy, guidance on tasks, and editing,
Support the Digital team members to develop skills necessary for success at AV and beyond, including identifying and providing access to conferences and skills building trainings as necessary.
- Strengthen team communication and cohesion.
Manage metrics and digital tools
- Work as the point person for AV metrics, providing analytics for funder reports and other funding-related materials, and analytics for other teams as needed.
- Maintain website, digital tools, and online services as upkeep is required.
- Work with Administrative team to identify new tools for AV and Digital team as necessary
Skills and experience:
- A robust knowledge of digital paid media strategy and investment principles and techniques.
- A robust knowledge of independent expenditure digital strategy, targeting and digital buys.
- Experience in electoral and/or advocacy campaigns.
- Strong familiarity with most of the following: CMS, CRM, website management, social media best practices, Google/Facebook ads, SEO, email marketing, and digital content creation.
- A strong manager and collaborator.
- A self-starter and with strong initiative.
- Ability to work under deadlines, rapidly respond to breaking news, and quickly create persuasive and factually correct content.
- Willingness to receive feedback.
- Embrace and encourage a culture based on teamwork, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity.
- At least 5+, and preferably 7+, years in digital organizing and communications.
- Based in Washington, D.C.
- Spanish-language fluency.
- Familiarity with the pro-immigrant narrative and immigration as an issue.
Source: People’s Action