Iowa CCI is looking to hire a second Digital Organizer. This position will work with our communications and organizing teams to help develop and execute strategy to advance campaigns on our core issue areas, elevate the profile of the organization, and build our tool of narrative and connection.
This team member works daily with our email program, social media channels, digital advocacy tools, and website in a rapid response environment.
We aren’t looking for someone to just post interesting updates on Facebook – we’re looking for someone who’s eager to create and execute ambitious plans to advance issues and narratives, win campaigns, grow membership and build a powerful grassroots movement.
The ideal candidate is an excellent editor and a quick, persuasive writer who doesn’t flinch at deadlines. They are obsessively detail-oriented, flexible, and able to dig in on analytics to assess what works. They are a digital native who knows how to engage authentically and creatively on social media platforms to cover events and bring people into the work. They should be comfortable juggling multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
Most of all, they should have a strong desire to help shape the way people view the world, get people to act, and help CCI grow. A sense of humor is a must!
About the Digital Organizer Position
The Digital Organizer position works with our communication and organizing teams to develop and implement digital strategy to give reach and narrative power to advance existing organizing campaigns, to lift to our organizational values and vision, and expand the people we reach and money we raise.
This position cultivates and grows Iowa CCI’s online presence to build meaningful connections through email, our website, paid promotions and social platforms, integrating digital strategies with on-the-ground campaigns. This role also supports digital communications for CCI events, including our annual convention and lobby days. This position reports to the Development & Communications Director.
Campaigns & Narrative:
- Work with the communications and issue organizing teams to develop and execute digital strategies to advance issues and narratives, win campaigns, grow membership, and build a powerful movement.
- Work collaboratively with staff teams to write, create, and post compelling email and social media content that builds meaningful connections and generates powerful calls to action.
- Work collaboratively with staff teams to prioritize use of the tools – rapid response, email, events, invites, petitions, letter campaigns, twitter actions, photo, videos, texting, etc – to zero in on campaign strategy.
- Cultivate and grow an email list of 10,000+ Iowans to advance organizational goals and build powerful relationships with our base.
- Create content for and send our weekly e-newsletter.
- Manage the organization’s multi-issue email calendar and database lists for effective email delivery and segmentation.
- Use analytics-based experimentation to test avenues, innovate, and develop strategy for list growth and engagement.
- Monitor functionality and data processes for new email sign-ups from our websites and social media.
Social Media specifics:
- Manage day-to-day monitoring of our social media channels, including utilizing discretion as to how to engage with messages in the inbox and commenters on posts. This includes Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Manage the organization’s social media calendar and lead monthly analytics to monitor growth and assess strategies.
- Develop, execute, and test strategy to significantly expand and deepen our online base of supporters.
Manage CCI creative content and photo assets.
- Manage two organizational websites to monitor functionality and ensure they are up-to-date and accurate.
- Work with a staff team on emerging websites strategy as it relates to our strategic plan.
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for big organizational events.
- Assist in the hiring of contract work for photography, video and other to enhance or document our work.
- Assess and build the strategic digital capacity of staff and members.
- Assist with other organizational activities as needed (local issues, statewide organizing and organizational events, fundraising, grant reporting).
- Commitment to Iowa CCI’s mission as a path towards progressive change
- Experience in digital organizing, digital marketing, communications, advocacy, journalism, organizing or other relevant experience
- Proven writing ability in a relevant/related setting and for different platforms (you know how to maximize those 140 characters!)
- Ability to write quickly, persuasively and on deadline
- Creative, self motivated, organized, and deadline driven
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects while working in a team setting
- Strong understanding of online campaigns and methods of grassroots organizing a plus
- Experience with graphic design, videography/video editing, or photography a plus
- Experience with HTML or web development a plus
Salary and Benefits
Salary beginning at $35,600 for little to no experience, could be higher based on experience
Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
Generous paid vacation
Great work environment
This position works out of the Iowa CCI headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa.
How to apply
Email resume, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample or portfolio by February 26, 2020 to:
Katie Bryan, Development & Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Please put “Digital Organizer” in the subject line.
**Iowa CCI is an equal opportunity employer**
We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
Source: People’s Action