Home Forums General Discussion Anyone from Atlanta or thereabouts?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jameson 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant

I’m looking for friends and people to network with. I’m 30 and trying to get a job in web development or something similar. I’m a low-voltage technician who’s tired of the heterosupremacy and social/political conservatism of that industry and I want to connect with other folks in the Atlanta area for friendship and/or networking purposes. For once, it would be nice to have a job where I don’t have to pretend to be straight!

I’m taking free courses online and looking into coding bootcamps or a graduate certificate in Computer Science from SPSU to gain the knowledge and background needed for an entry-level position.

Jameson
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Not in Atlanta myself but I came across a meetup that sounds promising.

Atlanta LGBT Tech Professionals

Out of curiosity, what languages are you focusing on?

Chris
    Participant

Thanks for the link to the meetup! I’m currently focusing on Python and once I have a decent grasp of it, I want to get into Ruby. I don’t have any set plans, just various options at this point, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jameson
    Keymaster

Personally, I work primarily with Python and Flask (http://flask.pocoo.org/). Flask is great microframework if you’re interested in creating web apps. If you want try, I’d suggest tutorial. I’ve never touched Ruby personally, but I’ve considered exploring it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.