February 19, 2015 at 3:24 pm #444LeviParticipant
Our Oregon: Data Director
Our Oregon is a 501(c)(4) organization dedicated to fighting for economic and social fairness for all Oregonians. Our coalition represents organizations and individuals who care about a range of issues, from preserving funding for our schools and critical services to protecting the environment.
Our accomplishments have included defeating Bill Sizemore’s many destructive ballot measures, securing the passage of crucial initiative protection bills, and bringing together an unprecedented coalition of groups to pass Measures 66 & 67. In November 2014, we successfully defeated Measure 90, which threatened Oregon’s election system.
Description of Duties
As Data Director, you will be part of the core team managing and implementing a wide ranging plan for progress in the state. The Data Director reports directly to the Executive Director and collaborates with staff to design and implement data and targeting strategies. In addition, the Data Director acts as the general data expert for the state, helping partner organizations develop data plans, access voter data, and build targeting programs. This also includes designing and running data trainings.
To succeed, applicants will need to demonstrate motivation; the ability to manage multiple projects; strong VAN, Microsoft Excel, and data analysis skills; and the ability to work closely with a large and diverse group. Applicants with prior campaign experience in data and targeting tied to the political process will be given preference.
This is a high demand position. Our Oregon serves a variety of campaigns and organizations and success in this position requires the ability to juggle a variety of demands at a high volume, and to organize time and resources efficiently. In addition, the position has room for creativity, long-term planning and in-depth analysis, and will be best performed when staff can easily manage daily demand while simultaneously developing longer term projects. Depending on workload, the Data Director may eventually need to oversee additional staff.
– Extensive VAN experience, including data analysis, list aggregation, voter contract administration, building voter contact universes, compiling samples, uploading files, user and committee account administration, and more;
– Creating and running clear reports;
– Data planning and strategic analysis, including outreach adjustments based on data;
– Training experience, with the ability to write and deliver trainings to volunteers and staff at all levels;
– Customer service skills to assist campaigns and partner organizations as necessary;
– Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to create forms and track documents;
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs;
– Proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Access, or other database systems used for manipulating and tracking large data sets (advanced knowledge in these areas a plus).
– Campaign experience is preferred.
– Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
To apply, email your resume, writing sample and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary requirements.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.