November 14, 2014 at 12:43 pm #213
Digital Campaigner or Digital Campaign Manager
About Center for Popular Democracy + Action for the Common Good
The Center for Popular Democracy and its C4 sister organization Action for the Common Good build the organizing power of low-income workers, communities of color, and immigrants to transform the local, state, and national policy landscape.
To further our mission, we are building an ambitious digital campaigning program to build an online base of supporters. We’re seeking a Digital Campaigner or Digital Campaign Manager (dependent upon experience) to execute the day-to-day work of our digital campaigns — email, social media, SMS, etc — and assist the Digital Campaign Director in building out the organization’s vision for online organizing.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a strong interest for promoting economic or racial justice and is eager to find ways to mobilize workers, communities of color, and immigrants online. This person should have some background or strong knowledge of organizing — offline and online — and be a strong writer. They will also have the ability to grow with and shape the digital program we build.
This position will report to the Digital Campaign Director and will ideally, though not necessarily, be based in Washington, DC.
- Write, stage, and send compelling email actions.
- Cultivate and grow our social media presences, particularly on Facebook and Twitter.
- Research, develop, and run rapid response campaigns on our core issues of racial and economic justice.
- Collaborate with members of the communications, campaigns, and data and technology teams.
- Support partner organizations — national and local — on digital campaigns.
- Build relationships inside and outside of the organizations to ensure our campaigns are collaborative and effective.
- Test and run digital campaigning experiments, and be able to report out your findings to the broader team.
- Support the Digital Campaign Director in growing and shaping the overall digital strategy.
- 2-4 years work experience for progressive organizations, candidates, or issues, preferably with digital campaigning experience.
- Commitment to a progressive vision of racial and economic justice.
- Strong writing and communications experience for a variety of channels.
- Familiarity with online advocacy platforms such as Blue State Digital, Salsa, NationBuilder, etc.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, community organizing.
- Curiosity about trends in organizing and interest to test out new models for online organizing.
Bonus qualifications, not required:
- Experience with online fundraising.
- Experience with SMS advocacy/messaging.
- Field organizing experience.
- Knowledge of programming languages: HTML, SQL, PHP, and others.
- Knowledge of design programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and others.
- Project management (website build outs, data migration, campaign planning, etc.).
- Vendor management.
- Photography and video editing.
How to apply
To apply for the Digital Campaigner/Digital Campaign Manager role, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CPD Digital Role”:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (campaign plan, email, petition text, press release, etc.)
- Salary history and requirements
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.