November 18, 2014 at 8:59 pm #216JamesonKeymaster
ProgressVA is a multi-issue progressive advocacy organization that combines cutting edge online organizing and communications with rapid and hard-hitting earned media strategies. Year round, ProgressVA works to engage citizens from across the Commonwealth around issues of immediate state or local concern.
Our mission is to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems. But we don’t do that on our own—we work as a communications team for the entire progressive community.
We’re a marketing department for progressive ideas—a campaign that never stops. We work year-round to challenge conservative propaganda in the media and make sure that progressive perspectives are heard.
2015 Digital Design Intern
What we’re offering: An opportunity to join our hard charging team. The enthusiastic activist chosen for this position will work directly with the Director of Online Programs and be responsible for conceptualization and design of various graphics, layouts, and materials for projects and campaigns. The only limits to what you can do as a member of our team in this position are your own ability and creativity. A job well done is its own reward but a stipend is available for qualified candidates.
We want you if you have:
- A good understanding of design, layout, and color
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, and creating graphics for social media
- Fast worker who can accept design direction that may be different from your taste – getting it right and on time are essential
- Interest in progressive politics and being part of the process
- Knowledge of various typefaces helpful, but not required
- Experience with HTML, SQL, etc. are helpful, but not required
When/Where: Plan on 5-20 hours per week. We’re looking for people who are smart and quick, but breaking events also generate work.
Internships (and the General Assembly session) run from January – March.
This internship located in Virginia, but you will be working remotely as ProgressVA is a virtual office environment.
Still Interested? Here’s how to apply:
Please send your resume and portfolio samples (if available) to our Director of Online Programs Brian Devine at Brian@progressva.org.
Applications are due by December 12, 2014
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.