Home Forums General Discussion Hello from land of bears and balalaikas

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vladislav 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Vladislav
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m software developer from Russia. And there are lgbt people here too 🙂
    I work in R&D center and mostly developing algorithms and software with Java. Previously i worked with C/C++. I’m interested in computer graphics and in wide range of other areas. Also trying to make contribution to wildlife conservation. And i’m looking for opportunities to relocate somewhere abroad with my mate.

I’d be happy to discuss something and to make new connection or friends 🙂

Jameson
    Keymaster

Welcome! It’s great to have representation from Russia!

Are there particular organizations you’re interested in working with? I worked for a environmental nonprofit organization a few years ago, though it was more of a general activist one and not focused on wildlife conservation.

Vladislav
    Participant

I’ve never worked with non-profit organizations directly, just made donations and organized some small charity event. Though it would be interesting if some of my technical skills would appear to be useful for them. In general i’m interested in organizations which help endangered large feline species like lions, cheetahs, etc.

Gertude
    Participant

Hello!

I went to a law school that specialized in environmental law. Many of my former classmates from that school have gone on to start their own firms and nonprofits, all of which need tech help. The law school is in South Royalton, Vermont, a small town in a beautiful state in Northeastern US. The biggest city in that state is Burlington, a fun college town on a pretty lake. Very progressive and gay friendly. Depending on what you are looking for, there may be good job/environmental volunteer opportunities in that area. The law school is called Vermont Law School, and their website has improved tremendously since I was a student there!

Take care!

Vladislav
    Participant

Hello, Gertude!

Thank you for the interesting information.
    In other countries that I considered the main concern is requesting a work visa for a foreign employee. Sometimes local labor market test should be completed or there’s a minimal salary threshold or there’s some sponsorship guarantee to be provided. So it could much easier to find a help from someone from the same country or to find a help in remote form. Though I don’t know how it works in USA.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.