November 30, 2014 at 11:35 am #239
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
AAUW seeks a dynamic employee to serve as a full-time Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager will report to the Senior Social Media Manager. This position is an online content expert with exceptional organizational and project management skills and a robust collaborative style. The incumbent oversees and coordinates AAUW’s social media efforts working with colleagues throughout the organization to achieve maximum visibility and engagement across numerous new and emerging online channels for a broad and diverse audience.
- Develop online editorial calendar with content that drives prospective members and current members to AAUW’s website. Develop and implement online marketing strategy to drive traffic. Identify and recruit internal and third-party content submissions, write first draft web content as necessary, review all web submissions, and promote web content through multiple channels. Continuously measure results.
- Manage and collaborate with cross-departmental team to create and execute online content and content strategies. Lead weekly meetings to discuss online agenda and opportunities. Coordinate online content creation, production, and promotion processes.
- Develop and execute a strategy for identifying social media influencers (institutions, entities, and individuals). Establish and nurture a productive relationship around mutual interests.
- Work with internal subject-matter experts to create compelling online content, including blogs, articles, and online graphics.
- Monitor and advise on best practices for online content. Identify and access new social media opportunities and potential uses for AAUW, and alert key staff members to relevant news and issues relating to digital content and AAUW issues.
- Oversee the day-to-day tasks of the social media intern and manage intern assignments with approval from supervisor.
- Perform other related/comparable duties as required and assigned.
- Advise and train colleagues and membership on social media best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Four to six years’ experience in communications, journalism, public relations, or digital strategy.
- Outstanding writing/marketing and copy editing skills; particularly using short form, concise, and engaging copy.
- Proficiency with outreach via social media platforms: particularly Twitter and Facebook but also including Tumblr, G+, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Ability to identify popular themes and content types and align them with appropriate channels.
- Ability to develop subject-matter expertise on AAUW priority issues and orchestrate the production of content that resonates with AAUW audiences and reflects AAUW messages.
- Ability to author social media posts quickly and effectively, generating interest and engagement among channel users (e.g. liking, favoriting, sharing, commenting).
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, and creativity skills.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of web, social media, and e-mail standards and strategies. HTML skills and familiarity with online analytics preferred.
- Strong oral and visual, interpersonal, and organizational communication skills. Excellent ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- Strong proven interest in women’s equity and social justice issues.
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, along with salary requirements by email, indicating position title (Social Media Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.