Reports To: Director, Talent & Operations
Status: Full time; Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Launched in 2016, The Hub is a nonprofit effort made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Manager, People & Culture will be a critical member of our Operations team. They will manage routine people operations functions including hiring and interviewing staff, onboarding, training and development, and enforcing The Hub’s policies and practices. The bulk of this role will involve coordinating human resources activities and maintaining HRIS and information needs across five departments and multiple campaign teams. We are eager to find a People & Culture Manager who easily connects with people and has a detail-oriented mindset to handle the changing nature of our workforce.
As Manager, People & Culture, you will:
- Partner with Hub leadership to understand and execute program teams’ people and talent needs, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and career planning.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for staff.
- Champion Hub orientation and onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for new staff and their role in relation to the overall missions and vision
- Maintain work structure by updating and developing job requirements and descriptions across five departments and multiple campaigns teams
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal people operating procedures, including employee engagement and culture and morale.
- Support the management and implementation of a performance evaluation system
- Support with planning and managing small to large scale projects and events related to employee record-keeping, training coordination, timekeeping, and other HR-related requests.
- Support diversity, equity, and inclusion and employee engagement programs and initiatives
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
- You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- You are highly organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask priorities across a variety of work streams
- You are a strong problem solver and project manager
- You have a track record of managing up and fostering deep interpersonal relationships
- You are comfortable collaborating with a team, while also having the ability to drive work independently
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and GSuite applications
- You are able to maintain discretion and confidentiality with information and in handling relationships
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to take initiative
How to apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Source: People’s Action