If you’ve been looking for a job where you can be part of the solution to the global pandemic and help protect our communities, this is your opportunity.
If we’re going to beat back coronavirus, save lives, and ultimately stop this global pandemic, we need to use all the tools in our toolbox. A big one is contact tracing. We need people on the front lines in our transit centers helping to put NYC’s contract tracing efforts in a position to stop further outbreaks of the disease.
New York State has set an executive order to protect us by requiring travelers coming from certain states to quarantine for 14 days and to complete a survey that will allow for contact tracing.
We are hiring NYC Public Health Outreach Directors to work in our transit centers, Supervisors directly oversee a team of NYC Public Health Outreach Specialists performing community-based engagement activities at transportation hubs including LaGuardia and JFK airports.
As an Outreach Supervisor, you will manage staff who perform outreach activities to locate travelers arriving from outside of New York City, particularly those from states identified under New York State Executive Order 205 mandating that certain travelers quarantine for 14-days from the time the traveler left the state in question.
COVID-19 has altered the social landscape, and while the surveys can be done online, one thing remains the same – we will need to have in-person conversations with people to get them to take action. Thankfully, we can do this in a way that is low risk. We will provide PPE and substantial health and safety training, and we will all follow safety protocols that will allow us to do this critical work while keeping ourselves and everyone safe.
Locations: Positions available at JFK and LaGuardia Airports, and Penn Station
- Manage a team of 30-50 NYC Public Health Outreach Specialists
- Train and motivate the team to gather thousands of completed contact tracing surveys to give our Health & Hospitals Dept the tools to fight the pandemic.
- Oversee and support all activities of NYC Public Health Outreach Specialists supporting COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.
- Establish schedules to ensure appropriate staffing for all shifts. Regularly check in with assigned staff to ensure appropriate monitoring of attendance and performance, including use of electronic monitoring methods, such as messenger and email.
Campaign Integrity & Quality Control
- Follow all scripts, policies, and procedures provided through training and ensure staff adhere to standard operating procedures and protocols
- Protect and maintain confidentiality and privacy of case interviews and contacts
- Train all staff on company health & safety protocols and ensure that all staff are implementing those protocols at all times to keep themselves and the public safe.
- Ensure assigned staff have adequate supplies and equipment (such as PPE) to successfully perform community outreach activities and case interviews.
- Conduct routine quality assurance monitoring through:
- Regular field visits with NYC Public Health Outreach Specialists to observe and monitor the quality of community visits and case interviews
- Monitoring of performance indicators
- Providing regular and clear feedback to assigned staff
Goal Management and Backend Support
- Conduct and oversee community outreach activities for complex investigations and ensure that campaign targets are met or exceeded.
- Identify barriers, address staff concerns, and refer issues to Team leadership.
- Perform duties of NYC Public Health Outreach, as needed.
- Must have experience living or working in New York City
- Spanish or Mandarin fluency preferred but not required.
- Prior experience running a voter registration or other canvassing operation is preferred. We will consider candidates with comparable management experience.
- Leadership experience, ability to motivate, grow, and manage a large team
- Extreme attention to detail and a proven ability to instill that quality in others
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong passion for community organizing and fostering civic engagement
- Ability to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with MiniVAN or other canvassing applications
Salary: The salary range for this position is $1150-$1,450 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, monthly public transit stipends, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Applications: Click the link to apply: https://theoutreachteam.applytojob.com/apply/Iz4iaTUStU/NYC-Public-Health-Outreach-Director?source=Movement+Builders
Source: People’s Action