The Outreach Team is a field firm specializing in face-to-face canvassing operations. We fuel the nation’s leading groups to raise money, register voters and win on election day.
We are currently seeking Voter Registration Campaign Directors to join us on an important and exciting non-partisan campaign to help tens of thousands of people register to vote in the state of Georgia. We are hiring for multiple Lead Director and Deputy Director positions.
Voting is a fundamental right, and our pursuit of a truly representative democracy demands that we engage every eligible voter to register and vote in November, particularly members of underrepresented communities across the state.
Voter Registration Campaign Directors will recruit, train, and manage a team of local canvassers to assist citizens in successfully and safely completing their voter registration applications. Additionally, the Lead Campaign Director will manage a team of one or more Deputy Directors, and will be responsible for building an office to scale from the ground up. This position reports to the Project Director.
COVID-19 has altered the political landscape, but one thing remains the same – we will need to have in-person conversations with people to register a lot of them to vote. Thankfully, we can do this with low risk We will provide PPE and substantial health and safety training, and we have developed a canvassing protocol that will allow us to do this critical work while keeping our staff and the people in our communities safe.
We are hiring immediately. This position can run through the mid-October registration deadline, with opportunities to extend through the Election and beyond.
Locations: Immediate priority is in Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, Columbus, and Savannah and we will be hiring for other locations in the state as the campaign expands. Strong preference for in-state candidates, short-term travel may be required.
Canvass Management Responsibilities:
- Work with our recruitment team to find and hire members of the community to work as canvassers and assist people in carefully and correctly filling out voter registration forms
- Manage a team of 15-25 canvassers, setting and driving goals along the way
- Implement safety protocol, including ensuring adequate PPE for all staff and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
- Familiarize yourself with state registration laws and statutes, and train your staff to comply with all applicable legal requirements and processes for registering voters
- Build a database of successful locations for registering voters that focuses on engaging people of color and other underrepresented communities.
- Coordinate canvassing sites for your staff, and work with partner groups to avoid overlapping efforts in the field
- Work with a voter targeting list to build walk lists and train others
- Go out in the field yourself several days per week to canvass, train staff, and help drive office goals by registering voters
- Administrative duties, including working with the HR Director on payroll, onboarding and offboarding staff, and compliance
- Prior experience running a voter registration or other canvassing operation is preferred. We will consider candidates with comparable management experience.
- Leadership experience, ability to motivate, grow, and manage a large team
- Extreme attention to detail and a proven ability to instill that quality in others
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong passion for community organizing and fostering civic engagement
- Ability to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with VAN
Salary: The salary range for this position is $900-$1,200 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Source: People’s Action